Brahma Kund faizabad

The Brahma Kund area has been described as the meditation place of Lord Brahma in Brahma Puran & other Puranas as well. Earlier this place was known as Tirtharaj but after the penance of Brahma this place came to be known as Brahma Kund.

Guru Nanakdev Ji visited this place in 1557 Vikrami. He also sermonized local pandits here and since then the construction of Gurudwara was initiated here. Ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Teg Bahadur also came here in 1725 Vikrami and left his footwear here, which can be seen in the present building of Gurudwara even today. Tenth Guru of Sikhs Guru Govind Singh paid obeisance here while proceeding to Anandpur Sahib from Patna Sahib. His three weapons- arrow, dagger, chakra & Sunahali Beed- manuscript of Adi Beed Sahib written in 1838, are also kept in this Gurudwara.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...